Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Search Engine Marketing - the Early Days

Early Days of Search Engine Marketing - Interview with SEO Strategist Mr. Jerry West by John Alexander It was 6 years ago this week (on June 29th) that Robin Nobles launched the very first online search engine marketing courses. In celebration of her 6th year in business as a well known international educator and trainer in the SEO industry, we thought it would be interesting to contact some of her earliest students and ask them what the early days of search engine marketing was like and how it compares to search engine marketing in the present. Hattiesburg, MI (PRWEB) June 30, 2004 -- Well known SEO trainer and educator Robin Nobles is celebrating her 6th anniversary in business. Her partner, John Alexander began the interview by explaining, "Today, we're speaking with SEO Strategist Mr. Jerry West. Thank you for taking time to chat with us. I understand that you, Mr. West, were one of Robin Nobles very first students. Jerry West: That is correct. John Alexander: Could we start by asking you about how you first began helping people get exposure to their businesses online?" Jerry West: "I started in 1996 doing web page design for small local businesses after helping develop the Internet Publisher feature in WordPerfect for Windows. One of my clients asked me if I could get them ranked well in the search engines. I told them it wouldn't be a problem, even though I knew nothing about it. My software testing background helped me to quickly understand the algorithms and I read everything I could get my hands on at the time, which was very little. In just a few months, my client's sales skyrocketed due to their listings. I realized rather fast that I had a new blossoming career. John Alexander: "Did you have many challenges when you first started up?" Jerry West: "The biggest challenge I faced was the lack of quality information on search engine optimization. There was just a major void. I credit Robin Nobles for seeing a need for it. Before I took the course from Robin I would estimate that 70% of my time was spent trying to test methodologies rather than doing actual work for clients. That was very frustrating.

No comments: